- Former Presidents Rally For Hurricane VictimsAll five living former U.S. Presidents — Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and Jimmy Carter — joined to support One America Appeal and raise funds for victims of Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma.
- Woman On Tinder Date Gets Stuck In Window Trying To Retrieve Her Own PoopSurprisingly, a second date still might happen.
- Tech Billionaire Pledges $36 Million To Start Harvey Relief CharityTexas natives Michael and Susan Dell are starting a new charity that aims to raise $100 million.
Local Charity News
- Funds being raised for hospitalized Helen Borgers, longtime K-Jazz DJ laid off in JuneLegendary jazz DJ Helen Borgers has been hospitalized with a serious medical condition.Long Beach Press Telegram
- Obama: GOP’s efforts to repeal health care ‘aggravating’Former President Barack Obama on Wednesday called repeated Republican efforts to repeal his signature health care law "aggravating" as he urged people not to be discouraged by unsteady progress as they work on pressing global issues.The Associated Press
- Chang keeps Santa Margarita calm, focused as it tries to reach the top againSanta Margarita won the CIF-Southern Section Division 1 championship last season, and advanced to the CIF State Open Division final. Eagles setter Devon Chang has a “time to move on” attitude about this season. “Last year was incredible,” said Chang, who was All-CIF and All-Orange County first-team in 2016. “Pressure? Not really, because this is […]Steve Fryer